Having students pay a small registration fee helps cover the costs of providing service. CLC services include one or more of these for each student.
- Basic Adult Literacy instruction.
- English Language Learning instruction.
- High School Equivalency instruction.
- Standardized test preparation and taking.
- HiSET - All individuals wishing to take the High School Equivalency exam in Tennessee must complete an Official Practice Test (OPT). The CLC administers that test.
- CASAS: Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment Systems (CASAS) is the most widely used competency-based assessment system in the United States designed to assess the relevant real-world basic skills of adult learners. CASAS measures the basic skills and the English language and literacy skills needed to function effectively at work and in life.
- Evaluation, by trained staff, of where students are in their learning for focused instruction.
- Group classes and discussion sessions.
- No-charge, 1-on-1 tutoring when need is identified.
- Access to instructional materials both on-line and printed.
PAYMENT OF REGISTRATION
New Students: Please contact the CLC Office and schedule an appointment before making payment. The CLC phone number is 901-854-0288.
Student with appointment or Returning Student:
- On-line payment before your appointment - Use the yellow payment button below.
- Payment in the CLC Office
- By cash on the day of appointment, if new student, or your next office visit if returning student. Please have exact change for the $25.00 fee.
- By debit/credit card on the day of appointment, if new student, or your next office visit if returning student. Please Note: $25.67 will be charged to your card. This amount is your $25.00 CLC registration plus a 2.75% fee our credit card processor charges
registration charge is an annual fee. There is not an additional charge for a tutor.
There may be a nominal charge for books if you are assigned a tutor.
Pay Annual Registration On-line