recurring volunteer opportunities
Come, bring a friend and make a lasting change in a literacy student's life.
Volunteering at the Collierville Literacy Council is perfect for you if you are interested in making a real impact on the greater community, finding a friend, or giving back to the community that has supported you.
The CLC welcomes volunteers 16+
Volunteering requires an application, background check, and semester-long commitment.
Email Penny if you're interested
IT SUPPORT (4-8 hours a week):
- Review costs for products and services and recommend changes
- Track external services being used
- Review and advise on new technology requirements
- Monitor Verizon telecom usage and charges
- Be able to patch and maintain windows 10 devices/ keep standardized
- Understand Active Directory and DNS
- Understand file security and management
- Be able to maintain Group Policy Objects in Active directory
- Understand M365 and it’s synchronization with local Active Directory
- Be familiar with products in M365 and how to use them to improve non-profit business practices
- Know how to create/edit SharePoint sites
- Know how to gather user requirements and convert them an IT solution
- Website development and hosting
DEVELOPMENT (2-4 hours a week):
Support fundraising, event planning, and donations.
Marketing/communications or fundraising background is helpful!
STUDENT SERVICES SUPPORT (2 hours a week):
Help program coordinators with student registration and follow-up.
Email Dawn if you're interested
Spanish/English HiSET Tutor for ESOL adults:
2-4 hours a week M-Th during the day or evenings until 8 pm
The HiSET is the diploma adults can receive if they leave high school. ESOL adults Help adult ESOL students prepare for the Spanish/English HiSET exam by tutoring in one or more subjects (math, science, social studies, reading, and writing). Must be fluent in Spanish to tutor the Spanish HiSET. Must be comfortable with test preparation materials.
Substitute Teacher for ESOL Classes:
Class schedule is M-Th, 10-12, 1-3, 5:30-7:30 on call the day before
Help us maintain our class schedule for our ESOL adults when teachers must be out. Follow the curriculum, and a lesson plan laid out by our teachers.
Training is 6 hours online and 2 hours in-person.
Tutoring is 1 hour twice a week one-on-one with a student
Hours are 3-7 pm M-Th, with some daytime hours for homeschoolers
Receive training for reading intervention in a structured literacy program and help a 4th-8th grader improve their reading. Qualifications include a strong reading level, interest in learning about structured multisensory literacy, and compassion for children who have learning and/or attention challenges.
CURRENT highlighted VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES for special events
Interested in volunteering one time? We have opportunities for you!
Please contact us at 901-854-0288 if you're interested. We do provide proof of service hours!